- 2 Minutes to read
Adding a Fill-in-the-Blank Activity
- 2 Minutes to read
To add a fill-in-the-blank activity:
- View your course's content in the Course Builder Dashboard.
- From the task list in the left pane, select the chapter where you want to add the fill-in-the-blank activity.
- Click the arrow beside Activity.
- Select Fill-in-the-Blank.
A new Activity tab displays the Fill-in-the-Blank workscreen.
- By default, new activities will be named Activity. Rename the task by doing the following:
- Click the beside the name.
- Enter the new name.
- Press ENTER.
- Click Save.
- Specify the fill-in-the-blank activity settings in the following accordions:
- Click Save. You can click Save at any time to preview the fill-in-the-blank activity.
When you add a new fill-in-the-blank activity, an activity group and sentence will be automatically added for you. You can replace the default text that is included with your content. To add activity groups or sentences to the fill-in-the-blank activity, click the buttons located at the bottom of the accordion.
The following settings are located in the Content accordion of the Fill-in-the-Blank workscreen.
Activity Group Settings
Enter the directions you want to give learners for how to perform the activity.
Enter the message that displays when a learner successfully completes all sentences in the activity group.
Enter the message that displays when a learner does not complete all sentences in the activity group successfully.
Fill in the Blank Sentence
Enter the sentence learners will need to complete. Enter the word BLANK to indicate where learners need to fill in the blank.
Enter the correct answer to complete the sentence.
Enter an incorrect answer option.
You can remove an activity group or sentence by clicking the icon.
Removing an activity group will also remove all sentences in the group.
The following settings are located in the Activity Settings accordion of the Fill-in-the-Blank workscreen.
Enable Quick End
If checked, only the first activity group displays.
The following settings are located in the Design accordion of the Fill-in-the-Blank workscreen.
Select the pattern for the activity's background.
Select the color for the activity's background.
For each of the following text elements, you can select the font family, font color, font size, and whether the text displays in bold.
The font settings for the sentence.
The font settings for the buttons in the activity.
The font settings for the activity instructions.
Completion Information Text