- 3 Minutes to read
- 3 Minutes to read
SmarterU provides several different ways to create a new user. These are:
- Adding a user from the Users Dashboard
- Enabling the Quick User Add function and entering a minimal amount of information in the Quick User Add form
- Importing multiple users from a CSV file
Yes! You can specify the minimum amount of information and quickly create a user by using SmarterU's Quick User Add feature. To use the Quick User Add, you'll need to enable the feature for your account.
Please contact our Success Desk.
There isn't a specific process for adding supervisors. All existing SmarterU users can be a supervisor. Simply selecting a user's name from the Supervisor list on the User Profile workscreen makes a user a supervisor.
Refer to Adding and Removing Supervisors for more information.
To identify all users in your account who are supervisors, follow the steps on the Identifying Supervisors page.
Supervisors can supervise users in any group. To allow supervisors to view the Enrollment and Learning Plan reports for users they supervise, you will want to enable the account's Supervisor Access setting's Report on Supervisees option. Supervisors will also have access to the Certifications Dashboard which allows them to view the certifications and learning plans that are assigned to the users they supervise.
The VLR permission is specific to a group. Users with the VLR permission will be able to run the Enrollment, Learning Plan, and Training Cost reports. These reports will ONLY contain results for users in the group to which the user has been granted VLR permission.
- If you want to allow the user to report on only the users that they supervise, make them the supervisor for those users.
- If you want to allow the user to report on all users in a specific group, grant them the VLR permission on the group.
- If you want to allow the user to report on users they supervise AND all users in a group, make them the supervisor for the users and grant them the VLR permission on the group.
There are several options to assign learning plans to a user. Learn more by referring to the Assigning Learning Plans to a User page.
You can see which users have permissions on a group by viewing the Users accordion on the group information workscreen, or by selecting the Permissions list option on the Groups Dashboard.
In order to preserve the history of any actions or records, there is no delete function in SmarterU. While it's not possible to delete a user, you can deactivate a user. Deactivated users will not be able to log in. Deactivated users will not be included in any reports unless you specifically include inactive users.
Refer to Inactivating a User for details.
By default, the dashboards display active objects. To view inactive objects, click and select Inactive.
Inactive objects display in red.
You can view the learning plans assigned to a user by doing one of the following:
- Running the Learning Plan Report.
- View the Learning Plans accordion on the User Profile workscreen.