- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
There are several options for converting your PowerPoint presentations to SmarterU. These include:
- Adding the PowerPoint slides as online course tasks
- Converting the PowerPoint file to a SCORM course with SmarterU
- Converting the PowerPoint file to a SCORM course using iSpring
Refer to the grid below to compare the options.
Can add quizzes to course
Can add other online course tasks
Resulting SmarterU course type
Adding Slides as Online Course Tasks
One option for migrating your PowerPoint presentation to SmarterU is to extract the content from your presentation and add it to an online course in SmarterU. This option enables you to add other online course tasks such as PDFs, activities, and quizzes to the course.
- Save the PowerPoint slides as images.
- If your PowerPoint presentation contains audio or speaker notes that you want to reuse, extract the content.
- Add an online course.
- Edit the online course's content. The Course Builder Dashboard displays.
- For each PowerPoint slide you want to include in the online course:
- Add a content slide.
- Use the WYSIWYG editor to insert the image of the PowerPoint slide.
- You can either add audio or include narration for the slide. To include a slide's audio, add the audio to the content slide. To use the slide's speaker notes as the content slide's narration, copy and paste the speaker notes to the Narration field.
- Click Save.
After adding your PowerPoint slides, you can add additional tasks to the online course.
Saving PowerPoint Slides as Images
To save the slides in a PowerPoint presentation as image files:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- From the File menu, select Save As.
- From the list of available file formats, select GIF, JPG, or PNG.
- Click Save. A message displays asking which slides you want to export.
- Click All Slides. A message displays indicating the folder to which the image files have been saved.
Converting to SCORM with SmarterU
You can use SmarterU's built-in converter to convert your PowerPoint file to a SCORM course.
Converting to SCORM with iSpring
iSpring enables you to convert your PowerPoint file to a SCORM course. After the conversion, you can upload the resulting SCORM course to SmarterU. Refer to Publishing a SCORM Course from iSpring for more details.