- 2 Minutes to read
Online Course FAQs
- 2 Minutes to read
What is the file size limit for files I can upload to a course?
Refer to the SmarterU File Uploads page for specifications on video and audio files, as well as all other files that can be uploaded to SmarterU.
What's the size of a video after it's optimized with a tool such as Prism?
Videos that are optimized with a tool such as Prism are typically about 3-5Mb per minute of video.
How do I find the proctor code for a learner who failed their quiz, but gets additional attempts?
To find the learner's proctor code:
- From the Reports menu, select Proctor Report.
- Click Advanced.
- Select the Show Used Proctor Codes checkbox.
- Click Run.
Who can preview a course?
How do I allow learners to submit feedback for a course's tasks?
To allow learners who are enrolled in an online course to provide task feedback you must do all of the following:
- Enter one or more email addresses in the online course's Feedback Email setting.
- Check the user's Allow Feedback setting. You may set the default for this setting at the account level.
When a learner submits feedback for an online course's task, SmarterU sends the Task Feedback email to the email addresses specified. The person(s) receiving the emails will need to read each one to see what feedback the learner has provided.
Can learners review online courses that they've completed?
Yes! Refer to Learner Interface: Reviewing a Course for details.
When should I create an online course vs. a SCORM course?
We recommend creating an online course when you want to:
- Create online training quickly and easily
- Avoid purchasing external software
- Allow multi-person editing
- Easily add narration
- Frequently update your training
- Immediately share training updates with learners
We recommend creating a SCORM course when you want to:
- Create highly interactive training
- Use more advanced design features
- Build custom games
- Include animations
- Use interactive avatars
- Include simulations
Does SmarterU have templates for online courses?
How do I make feedback for long answer quiz questions visible?
To allow learners to view quiz feedback for long answer questions, you'll need to specify the following for the quiz task:
- Set the quiz's Provide Answer Feedback setting to After Each Quiz Attempt or After Quiz Completion.
- Set the quiz's Results to Display on Quiz Index and Review Pages setting to All.
- Set the quiz's Show Learner Results On setting to Pass or Fail.
- Select the quiz's Display Answers on the Quiz Index and Review Pages checkbox.